Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
<p>The CLCE is seeking volunteers to assist students and community members with their income taxes. Volunteers will receive free training on campus. Each volunteer must pass an IRS Volunteers Assisters Test and commit to 60 volunteer hours (30 hours of volunteer work plus 30 hours of training) between January 12 and April 15.</p><p>This project is sponsored by The American Association of Retired Persons to provide uninformed or low- and moderate-tax paying members of our community with free income tax assistance and preparation.</p><p>To sign up or learn more, contact Margaret Smith by calling 509-963-2299.</p>
Monday, April 15th at 12:00 am
Volunteer Income Tax Assistant
Each volunteer must commit to 30 hours of volunteer time and an additional 30 hours of training.
Responsibilities of Position
• Prepares tax forms and/or answers questions to the extent of his/her current tax training, at assigned tax assistance sites.
• Explains tax returns prepared to taxpayers as taxpayers are responsible for the accuracy of the return
• Adheres to site schedules and guidelines
• Accepts no money or other gratuity for services
• Maintains the strict confidentiality and protects the security of all taxpayer information and records at all times
• Adheres to program policies and procedures, especially the Counselor Guidelines and Confidentiality and Security of Taxpayer Data sections in the Client Service Provider Digest.
• Records assistance given and Quality Review completed as outlined by the Local Coordinator.
• Works Well with diverse populations and treats clients and other volunteers with respect
Upon completion of training sessions, each volunteer must be certified by passing the Advanced level of the IRS Volunteers Assisters Test.
Monday, April 15th 2013 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm16/30 positions filledYou must be logged in to signup for positions